Friday, January 24, 2014

No gym, no problem...Got bands??

                           Bands the hidden treasure...


So I have to admit that I was lazy for a bit...Yes, it happens!
I was making excuses for not exercising. I'm so used to my weights that the only thing I could think off was no gym, no work out...Until, finally my body demanded that I get off my tushy and move. So guess what I found in my closet? Yes, bands...
So my workouts have become plyo-metrics and band exercises. 


The first exercise is bicep curls with bands. I included the picture as you see, it's the same as bicep curls with weights. Try these instead of weight for a good burn. 3 sets 10-15 reps.


The next exercise is dead lifts with a band. Tie the band on something strong and pull up and down, back flat knees straight. 2 sets of 20 reps.
 I love this one,  it's a squat with a press. This exercise works some of the shoulders, but mainly the legs and bootie.. 2-3 sets 10 reps..

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  This baby is good for sexy shoulders. Hold with one leg or two for more resistance. Elbow come up higher than your shoulders. 2 sets of 10 reps, or 15 reps for a good burn.

This is another version of a shoulder exercise, straight up and down movement. For more resistance on the band, open the your legs wider. 


 This next exercise I wasn't able to find it it picture form, so I found this one with the robot model. I tried this exercise first before posting and can I tell you, burn baby burn...It works the thighs, legs, abs. Giving you an awesome workout...


Almost done. This exercise is a goodie, make sure you wrap the band around your feet and pull back with the arms. Keep your elbows up, this works the rear shoulders and the back..Awesome, make sure you go for reps on this one. 4 sets 15 reps...

Last but not least, tie the band around a door or something heavy; squatt down at the same time while pulling arms out. When you stand tucks the arms in. Works the arms, back, legs and butt.
This is a easy exercise but don't fool yourself it gives a good burn. 3 sets 20 reps..


 Enjoy this weeks blog..Make no excuses workout wherever you can. Health is wealth!!!
Angie Castillo Lifestyle Coaching
creatorswelcome@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment