Friday, November 1, 2013

Why am I not loosing the weight??!

Why am I not loosing the weight?


The struggle of losing weight can become a nightmare, What's worse is not knowing how to.
We all think let's go on a diet, go to the gym, Zumba...Weight Watchers, detox, cleanse, eat lettuce, do the Cayenne liquid drink. EAT CHICKEN!!!
                                                                              Ahhhhhhh, nightmare right!
God, if I had a dollar for every time I heard a woman attempt to lose weight only to not succeed I would be a Millionaire right now.
 It saddens me to see this phenomenon of weight loss. So I am going to get brutally honest. Are you ready? Good, now I do have to tell you that I am not a Nutritionist and what I state is based only on what I have experienced in myself and clients. 
Now to begin, Adrenal Fatigue? Huh is right.! What is it? How does it affect loosing weight?
How does it affect cortisol levels? 

     In 2009 I was working as a Personal Trainer, the recession hit gyms first and I was down to a few clients holding on to the very few I had left. I was tired and stressed.  My father died late that year causing my stress to go through the roof. For the first time in my life I was starting to get Fat on my body. I had been a gym rat and previously skinny. So fat on my body was NO bueno...
Soon I left the gym to find better income, the stress was still high and became worse, as I struggled to find work, my body went into overload causing my adrenals to shoot sky high. I wasn't sleeping well, moody, emotional, a train wreck to say the least. I couldn't figure out what was going on..
On a sunny Summer day, a friend I had not heard of for a while calls me. As I shared what was happening with me, she mentions to be, "Sounds like your Adrenals are out of wack". Know what?
 I soon looked into getting myself some help. 
In the first month I dropped 10 pounds. After 2 years of not being able to figure out why I was not dropping weight.
In the first two weeks I began to notice  I felt better, sleeped better and had more energy. Yes I also added  multi vitamin. 
Exercise was a part of my life already. I'm grateful today for that phone call from my friend. 
Like I said I am not a Doctor, but if you are having trouble loosing weight look into having your Adrenalins checked .  





Here is some information on Adrenal Glands: 

The adrenal glands sit over the kidneys, where they play a significant role in the body, secreting more than 50 hormones necessary for life, including epinephrine (adrenaline), cortisol, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), progesterone and testosterone. Since they produce so many essential hormones, the adrenal glands are responsible for many of the functions we need to stay alive and healthy, including:
         
   -Energy production -- carbohydrate, protein and fat conversion to blood glucose for energy
                                                      - Fluid and electrolyte balance
                                                                  -Fat storage

Unfortunately, the adrenal glands' are the "glands of stress," but are also the first glands to fail during prolonged or intense periods of stress. The problem with stressors is that they are "cumulative," in the sense that their impact tends to add up in the body over time until your adrenal glands (and probably your mental state) just can't take anymore.



Treating adrenal fatigue is as easy as:
Laughing
Exercising
Minimizing stress
Taking negative people out of your life
Eating regular meals
Doing something fun each day
Combining unrefined carbohydrates with protein and oils
Avoiding junk food
Eating five to six servings of vegetables each day
Taking calcium and magnesium supplements
Adding Sea Salt to your diet
Taking 2,000 to 5,000 milligrams of vitamin C each day
Taking B-complex supplements that are high in B6 and pentatonic acid
Adding licorice root extract to your dietary supplement regimen


I hope this helps, please feel free to email me for questions. 
Thank you, many blessings to your health and healing.
Angie Castillo
Life Style Coaching







No comments:

Post a Comment